1. All repairs carried out at the Twickenham Repair Cafe (TRC) are performed at the customer’s own risk. The advice and repair service is conducted by experienced volunteers. No charge is made but donations are welcome to cover costs including the purchase of tools and equipment and the development of the service.
2. PLEASE NOTE: Dangerous tools and equipment are present and sometimes used in repairs. Parents must exercise control over, and be responsible for, the behaviour of their children whilst at the Twickenham Repair Cafe.
3. All customers are required to complete this registration form for TRC records before any repairs can be contemplated. All information is treated with the utmost confidence. If you choose to leave an email address, this will go on our mailing list and you will automatically be reminded of future Repair Cafe events, unless you tick the box overleaf. Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our distribution list at any time. Twickenham Repair Cafe will not share your contact details with anybody else. We regularly take photos of our event for marketing purposes, should you not wish to be photographed please inform a member of the team.
4. Customers are expected to remain with the repairer while the repair is being carried out in order to see how the repair is being done and to pick up new skills. Items should not be left with the repairer and collected at a later time but where the repair itself makes this necessary neither the repairer nor TRC can assume any responsibility for safe-keeping.
5. Neither the organisers of TRC nor the repairers in personal capacities or otherwise are liable for any loss or injury whatsoever that may result from any repair carried out or for any advice or instructions given and used at a later date.
6. Neither the organisers of TRC nor the repairers in personal capacities or otherwise are liable for any accidental damage that may occur to either visitors’ goods (including vehicles) or personal effects during visitors’ time at the sessions.
7. The customer is responsible for providing any consumables such as leads, plugs, fuses, zips, etc. that may be needed to fully complete a repair.
8. Repairers offer no guarantee for any repairs carried out with or without their help and are not liable if any repaired items do not work properly at home or break down again in the future.
9. After making an initial assessment of an item, repairers are fully entitled to use their discretion and refuse to repair an item should they so decide.
10. Customers are responsible for the removal of all items that cannot be repaired.
11. A maximum of one item per person will be examined. Should time allow, extra items may be considered for examination and assessment.
12. TRC takes no responsibility in any form whatsoever for any item, repaired or otherwise, once it has left the premises where the repair session is taking place.